wooo rating site

i finally got round to getting it online and updating it from the existing baaaaad script

www.rate-my-body.info whats everyone think?

ive not got round to adding the old members yet ive emailed a load of them and asked them to sign up it will save me a job :D

but erm feel free to register as it will help my site look like it has more members, and any reviews? i know the layout needs changing a little and the logo needs changing a lot but other than that, any siggestions?

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    I got this error showing up in the source code:
    <b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: location in <b>/home/rate/public_html/index.php(243) : eval()'d code</b> on line <b>61</b><br />

The Royal Ram

• NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Yeah, that shows along with half a million other errors.
    Also, the logo text looks awful as there's too much white around it (makes it look like you use M$ Paint).
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i cant see any errors in firefox or IE :S and yes the logo is pants was something quick just to get rid ofthe standard logo
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Error displays when you view the source... Go to View >> View Source in firefox - Right at the top ;)

The Royal Ram

• anthony_ruanthony_ru Beginner Link Clerk
    aahh so many errors. You should really fix them but apart from that the site looks ok
    i can see it in view source not on the actual site though

:( i dunno how to fix it, can you all actually see it on the site?
    the errors SHOULD have gone now, it was just some safety thing that was on or something,

anyway i have a new logo and im in the middle of getting a design made and then ill have to get it implamented to should be sorted within a week :)
  • NuvoNuvo Forum Leader VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    Erm, I was talking about the crap code you've used.
    Firefox has a W3C validator, based on Tidy, a tool I highly reccomend if you don't want to keep using the W3C site validator.
    With it, Firefox (a highly W3C compliant browser) found 10 errors and gave 32 warnings (less important errors).
    In fact, the validator couldn't display all the errors because there were so many.
    Using Checky, a slightly less automated validator plugin, I checked your code against W3C and it was unable to get the contents of your site as it threw up a 302 error.
    WDG, WebThing, CSE and Alpine all seemed to have the same problem since your index.php file automatically adds the question mark to the end, which isn't required unless you're doing a query string (index.php?myvar=1 or whatever).
    Internet Explorer isn't the only browser around, you should check code with Mozilla since it's popular, more stable and more mature (Firefox is an evolution of Mozilla suite, which was developed from Netscape code. Netscape was origionally known as Mosaic, the first graphical web browser, older than Eplorer and Opera).
    Chances are that if your code works well in Firefox, it'll work well in Opera as well since they are both compliant browsers who's developers don't BS their way into geting rejects to use their scewed M$ only markup which goes against the W3C spec and thus the entire philosophy and practice of the Internet since the W3C is headed by Tim Berners-Lee, who created the whole HTML, HTTP and URL getup which you are using >:/

P.S.
    I hate Internet Explorer and have linux installed, just in case you didn't notice :|
    PHP, CSS, XHTML, Delphi, Ruby on Rails & more.
    Current project: CMS Object.
    Most recent change: Theme support is up and running... So long as I use my theme resource loaders instead of that in the Rails plug-in.
    Release date: NEVER!!!
    ok, i use firefox i have done for about 2 years, also my site is mainly aimed at teenagers who will most likely be using IE anyway, even if they wernt my site appears and works fine in FF and IE, i was wanting a review on the site not the code, as for the code it was done by someone else not me, i wish i could making something as complex as that.