Rubbish Internet

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
I think ive officially got the worst internet possible, lol

My connection disconnects about once every 5 minutes and also the AOL program itself keeps locking up every 8 minutes or so and when that happens the internet also locks up.

Its really annoying.

The Royal Ram

Comments

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    Well im trying to convince my parents to switch to a new one but they wont because they seem to think that even with a different ISP it will still disconnect - they think its a signal problem in the area.

Plus swapping ISP's would be a bit difficult since one of my parents work's is paying for the internet for work only stuff so its really up to them.

The Royal Ram

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    AOL!?!?

Thats your problem, lol

AOL is crap get DSL and all your problems will be solved ;)
    I want to but my parents arent too sure. It sucks...

Im getting a router in a little while which enables you to have an internet connection on up to 4 computers (or gaming consoles) without the need to lauch the aol program to sign on... This is basically the same as dsl...

The Royal Ram

• TheDonkeyTheDonkey Junior Member Shared Hoster
    AOL is crap
    Capt. D
    F18_468x60.jpg
    I know. I phoned up their support and the guy told me to do a spyware check because spyware has been known to stop aol from working so I done this even though I knew it wouldnt work. He went as far as promising that it would solve the problem but it didnt.

Ive just ordered a DSL router so this will hopefully help out because you dont need to laucnh the AOL program this way.

The Royal Ram

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    people in call centres like that get a script to go through
    my mate used to work for another isp and he said any idiot could do the job he knew more than what the person the wrote out the problems probably knew

always ask the person for their extension number so you can go back to them, you get better service that way
    well I oredered a router and now i got it setup so I finally have got internet in my room and in the office place thingy...(just a spare room really).

no problems so far

The Royal Ram