Do You Use Illegal Software?

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Software piracy is a very big problem for companies. Be honest and cast your vote. Remember that no one will know what you voted for, its simply for statistics...

The Royal Ram

Comments

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    Company's over charge for programs any way. All those people with Dreamweaver you telling em that you have paid for it? They have ridiculas prices
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • deadfingersdeadfingers Senior Member The Royal RAM
    i wont say if i do or dont but its true they do have ridiculous prices, Photoshop CS is like 800 or so Flash MX is 500+ then if you get into the more advanced programs like 3ds max and Maya those are in the mid thousands (about 2500-3000 for each). Thats ridiculous, i mean they are really good programs but give me a break, they dont think about the little guys who use it for themselves but for the big companies that buy in "bulk" so therefore they make a very big profit and so they go after companies.
    sig.jpg
  • fleccyfleccy Member NAT Warrior
    i havent paid for anything since november last year when i bought vbulletin
  • tonytony Moderator Administrator
    i agree they do charge too much but if everyone bought it the price would come down but there are lots of good free alternatives especially for things like dreamweaver and office applications even OS the only thing i think you would have to shell out for is graphics programs
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    To be totally honest, I have programs that I ahve downloaded programs, and i have stuff that has been put onto a few computers from a single copy...
    Ye there are lots of alternative i have a had a few b4 but when you have had proffesional software you dont want to go back to sommat some guy has made :p

• PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    ^^ precisely...

oh and i just saw today that my school has bought a load of licences for Photoshop... perfect for when im bored in school :)

The Royal Ram

lol nice man, yeah alternatives suck imo. There are a lot of Photo editing alternatives but once you play with Photoshop its like wtf why was i using that other program? or like 3ds max max Swift 3d and all others look like a kids program by comparison. Id might buy the programs if i had the cash or the prices went down some.
    sig.jpg
    Python wrote:
    ^^ precisely...

oh and i just saw today that my school has bought a load of licences for Photoshop... perfect for when im bored in school :)
    You lucky sob!!! lol
    diddo ^^

• pfgannonpfgannon Moderator Administrator
    My school has licenses for Photoshop, Fireworks MX, DWMX, Flash, and a few other not so popular licenes
    lol when i was in HS i was in a Media technology class and i had plenty of cool software to play around with myself, the teacher had me specifically learn Photoshop. I never learned it then though but now im good at it go figure lol
    sig.jpg
    My school has got licences for photoshop, dreamweavermx and flash... not many though its a fairly small school

The Royal Ram

thats great man, the best one i got was probably photoshop, the others were some programs not many use or hear of.
    sig.jpg
    My school has Dreamweaver and adobe photoshop not much :p

How many kids in your school Py? And is it state or private?
    school has got about 540 people i think...

its fairly small so its deffinatelt not for a state

The Royal Ram

bastard! lol jk
    sig.jpg
    No no... I mean, do you pay to go there? If you don't, its a state school...
    Because my school has like 500 kids and its private (£7000 / year)... So if your school (with roughly same number of kids) is free (state) then why the heck do you have all that stuff and we don't? lol
    oh rite yeah its a state school then :)

The Royal Ram

my school is a state school and they got loads of software aswell :D

Geez. My school is so s***. lol
    Ah, well. Only like 2 months left... Then off to a 6th form with about 200 computer labs... lol
    lol, my school had like 2,500 kids lol Too bad about only 10% of them were actually into programs of any sort so go figure.
    sig.jpg