AMD 3200+ - new computer

PythonPython Forum LeaderThe Royal RAM
Well over the past few months ive been saving up money and slowly buying parts for a new computer. Well finally, thanks to the advertising revenue on this site I was ablle to go out and buy a motherboard and processor, which I done Sunday.

Anyway, heres my story so far:

On sunday I go out and buy a brand new AMD 3200+ chip and a GIGABYTE motherboard. The CPU alone cost over £140 (almost $300 i think). Anyway I brought those back and began fitting it into my new PC case which I bought a month or so eariler.

After about 2 hours of confusion after fitting it I decided to take it back to the shop because it wasnt working... I tried everything I could think of. The fan was spinning fine, the CD-ROM and Floppy were getting power and so was the board but the BIOS itself wasnt kicking in.

So I went back to the shop with th board and aksed them. It turns out that they sold me a board which wasnt compatble with the 3200 processor chip, which really pissed me off because they recommended it.

Anyway the board I now needed was out of stock so they had to order one in which accoridng to them would arrive within a few hours... Now 2 days later Im still waiting for a phone call from them to say that its up and running and ready to be picked up(because they made a mistake they offered to set it all up).

Anyway tomorrow morning, at about 11 Im going to the store to see if its been done or not...if it is then great, if not then I getting a refund and buying from another shop I know of..

Anyway thats my story. Dont ask why im typing so much, im just in a strange modd i guess.

ill post more tomorrow about it

The Royal Ram

Comments

• summoner49summoner49 Member NAT Warrior
    Well, once thats put together, it will kill my computer...
  • martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    I'm still saving for a computer mabey by 2099 i will b able to afford it ;)
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    yeah it took me about 3 months to get all the money together....

this website paid for most of it :)

The Royal Ram

• martian2k4martian2k4 Llama Hunter Moderator
    My web site has made me ummm £0.00 but then it isn't actually built yet :p
    Free MySpace Layouts- Coming soon
    Photoshop Tutorials- Coming soon
    Premium PHP Scripts- Coming soon

Haha i should really do some work so i can remove all the coming soon's
  • CannonBallGuyCannonBallGuy Moderator Shared Hoster
    I hope you didnt use any of the money donated to the well-being of DD, Py.... :P
  • PythonPython Forum Leader The Royal RAM
    lol :)

dont worry CBG, I didnt. I recently made a nice advertising deal on this site so each month I get a nice big lump of cash into my paypal :)

Anyway... The computer is now fully sorted and Ive got my motherboard and processor and have set it all up fine..

All I gotta do now is reinstall all my programs from my last PC and transfer the files, euuggh

The Royal Ram