woo

tonytony ModeratorAdministrator
ive been working on 4 search terms 2 of which are VERY hard to get anywhere even near the top 5 pages so i kinda started concentrating more on the other 2, i got 1 down to about 40th position, which isnt amazing but i can carry on working to move that up now, and the other is in 8th place on google which im pretty happy about :)

i just thought id share that anyway, its all been about on page seo ive done very little off page so far and its still PR0 so it just goes to show pr does nothing, to be fair i dont think page pages linking to your site does much either, ive got to 8th position with only my site in my sig linking to me, theres a maximum of about 8 other pages linking to me but i havnt tried to get people to link to me yet (the search term being hardhouse a slight miss spelling of hard house) but thats where quite a few visitors have been coming from.

Tony

Comments

• tonytony Moderator Administrator
    how can it go to 5th from 8th without me doing anything, or are these the repurcutions of my other optimising still taking effect?
  • SEbasicSEbasic Advanced User VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    to be fair i dont think page pages linking to your site does much either
    I can categorically tell you that you are wrong on that one.

You couldn't furthur from the truth.
    Rave it up.
    how has my site got to 5th in search engines with hardly any apart from the 1 in my signature and 1 or 2 other links that was in my signature about 10 at the most get me to 5th
    Maybe they aren't competitive terms.
    Rave it up.
    true as it is a slight spelling mistake but i think on page optimisation counts for a pretty big percentage
    It really doesn't on google.

It does count for a bit, but really nothing compared to off-page.
    Rave it up.