AWS free tier expiring, should stick with AWS or switch?

OpsidianOpsidian Shared Hoster
edited February 2022 in Hosting Discussion & News

As stated, I use AWS and I'm currently using a t2/t3 micro EC2 and t2 micro RDS instances to host a web app I created this past Summer. Other than these two services, I recently created an S3 bucket and am using Codebuild for deploying changes to a portfolio.

Financially I have no problem continuing to pay for these services since they provide a huge convenience factor, especially being able to CD for my portfolio. Also the total usage is pretty minimal and these aren't being used in production anyway. I'm really asking if there's any services out there, that you use, which are easier to use/cheaper than EC2/RDS/S3 services provided by AWS. I'm also wondering if there's better options out there for doing CI/CD instead of Codebuild.

Thanked by [1] : DeluxeNames
DeluxeNames
Tagged:

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    edited February 2022

The ARM always free is actually incredible. 4 cores and 24GB of ram. Gigabit network, 20TB bandwidth(iirc).

Oracle always free tier is a option as well but always keep backups as you shouldn't trust Oracle without them.

Digital Ocean has very similar services to AWS like EC2/RDS/S3. Their equivalent offering are Droplets/Managed Db/Spaces respectively. But as far as features, AWS is superior side by side. The only real benefit with other cloud providers is cheaper data transfer as AWS can gets expensive with just data transfer.

For CICD, Gitlab is a popular choice.

• cloudmatecloudmate NAT Warrior

Direct Answer: Get away from AWS. It will be too costly to build any application over AWS. This one time, I hosted an OTT platform over AWS for one of my clients, and guess what, It charged around 1800$ due to bandwidth. I have to quickly move away. Now, I host with Local DCs with Unlimited Bandwidth, and guess what, prices are between 200$-400$. The only thing is AWS is renowned for its infrastructure and so many of them try using AWS first and obviously think Peak Prices in the Market.

If you need any Free VPS, Go with Oracle Cloud(It actually gives 1 free VPS forever).

I mostly use OpenStack for my Cloud purposes and to Provision a Direct Local Network using Virtual Private Network.

DeluxeNames

Shared Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers

Ankesh Anand
    CloudMate Softwares
    Managing Director
    ankesh@cloudmate.in