Walking Away PSP (Tutorial Contest)

fiona2412fiona2412 MemberNAT Warrior
30194-r.jpg

Walking Away

This tutorial was written by Fiona Pomfrett on May 31st 2006. Any resemblance to any other tutorial is coincidental. Do not copy and paste this tutorial any where on the net. Scripting and translating of this tutorial is strictly forbidden. If you have any problems please contact me HERE

For this tutorial you will need:
:PSP X
:3 photos of your choice or mine Here These images are from Stock Exchange visit the site Here
:Tube of your choice
:2 fonts of your choice - I used laine day sh (script) & Peignot Light (normal font, but not a free one)
:Picture frame - Here - Please leave file name intact. The frame is by Mz Kels, please visit her site Here
:Eye Candy 4000 - Gradient Glow
:My Selection Here and Here

Place your Picture Frame in your PSP Files, Picture Frames folder. Place the 2 selections in your PSP Files, selections folder.

-:1:-
Open a new canvas 550 x 400
Paste your road picture as a new layer, re-name Road

-:2:-
On your tube, shift & D to duplicate, close the original.
Working on your tube, image, greyscale
Image, increase color depth, RGB - 16 bit
Now copy and paste your tube as a new layer onto your canvas. Re-size if needed. Re-name Tube
Effects, plugins, eye candy 400, gradient glow Settings as below
30197-r.jpg

-:3:-
Image, picture frame. Using the drop down box find kelsframe19 Following the settings below,
30198-r.jpg

Apply your picture frame to the image There is no need to re-name this layer as it will be called picture frame anyway.

-:4:-
Now activate your Road layer, copy and paste your rose tube as a new layer. Move the rose picture over to the left, so that the rose is not showing in the left boxes - as below We want those boxes free from any rose image. Re-name Rose
30200-r.jpg

-:5:-
Still on the rose layer, Selections, Load/Save Selection, Load from disk, @lollypop_WalkingAway_01
30199-r.jpg

Selections, invert now making sure you are still on your rose layer, press delete on your keyboard once
Selections, none
Change the blend mode to Soft Light

-:6:-
Copy and paste your blue globe picture onto your canvas as a new layer Move it so it's behind the left boxes as below
30201-r.jpg

Re-name Globe

-:7:-
Selections, Load/Save Selection, Load from disk, @lollypop_WalkingAway_02 Selections, invert, now making sure you are your Globe layer, press delete on your keyboard once Change the blend mode to Hard Light

-:8:-
Grab your text tool and select a nice script font, I'm using LaineDaySH, size 22, color white #FFFFFF Foreground set to null, Create as vector, that way you can stretch it out if you want. Type out a poem or lyrics for your favourite song, something that you think of when looking at your image I'm using Blowing in the Wind by Bob Dylan (on the sample at the bottom of the page) Place your text behind your tube on your rose layer so you can see it from behind your tube, see below You need to keep your text, inside the border of the rose. Convert to raster. Re-name BG Text
30202-r.jpg

-:9:-
Still with your text tool, change your font to your normal/basic/square font, I'm using Peignot Light Std Size 72, will depend on the font you use. Background as before, foreground still set to null Create as vector Type out your name, Ojects, align, centre in canvas (so we don't lose it) Image, free rotate, settings as below
30203-r.jpg

-:10:-
Now move your name over the top box on the left, it will go grey don't worry about that. Stretch it out if you need it to fit the box
30204-r.jpg

As you can see below I have stretched my name so it fits the box now. Once in position and stretched out (if needed) convert to raster
30205-r.jpg

Change the blend mode to Soft Light. Add an gradient glow (Effects, plugins, eye candy 4000, gradient glow) using the Balck Halo setting
30206-r.jpg

Re-name Lower Text

-:11:-
Switch back to your script style font, type out your name again, same settings as above. You may have to change the size depending on your name. As before, Objects, Align, centre in canvas. Image, Free Rotate, as before. Move over the top left box again
30207-r.jpg

am not stretching this name out as I like the way it sits above the other name, it is up to you whether you stretch it or not Once you are happy, convert to raster and re-name Top text Layers, arrange, bring to top

Add you tagged by info and if you use the images I provided Images from Stock Exchange www.sxu.hu If you use stock images, make sure you apply the correct information
I put my info in the white border at the bottom.
"I didn't lose my mind it was mine to give away" No Regrets by Robbie Williams

My Site
My Deviantart