New Graphics Card!

danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P.VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
Ah well finally i got myself a new gfx card. me being the avid gamer i am kinda finds it hard to play on an integrated card (64 mb :( )

so i got myself an nVidia GeForce 7600 GS 512 MB Agp card :D

this things a beauty. im downloading 3dmark06 right now and ill post my scores asap.

it runs pretty cool when you're not doing anything major - around 51 C. though when you turn on some game like need for speed carbon and crank up all the settings @ 1280x1024 (anti aliasing,anisotropic filtering etc...) it gets pretty hot at aroun d 57-59 degrees Celsius. the fan is super tiny, hard to imagine that such a monster of a card would only have a tiny heatsink and an even tinier fan :eek:

but over its pretty amazing. cant wait to test out bf2142 and things :D
ban1.gif

Comments

• DeluxeNamesDeluxeNames Admin Administrator
    Sounds like Christmas came early for you as well Daniel! :D Was this a gift from parents or saved up from your job?
  • danielneridanielneri WP V.I.P. VPS - Virtual Prince of the Server
    nah my pops bought it for me yesterday because this store was having a massive thanksgiving sale.

gotta love thanksgiving :D
    ban1.gif
  • xPureNLxxPureNLx Moderator The Royal RAM
    Nice Daniel, I know this card very well, our company sells it as well (the Asus version that is). When you have this Asus version, beware of the fact sometimes (depends on the model) half of the Video Memory (256MB in your case) will be taken from the Fysical Memory (your RAM):

When having 1024MB RAM and you use such a graphics card, it means you'll have 768MB RAM and 512MB video memory (when needed that is).

Good choice though, relatively cheap for nice quality =)

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg
    [B]MSN: xPureNLx@gmail.com[/B]

actually now im starting to get very disappointed with that card. considering returning it. its quite poor in performance on benchmarks and just pretty much super overheated when running 3dmark05 :(

right now its running at around 50C/122F. its peaked at 60+ and it's just not working out for me. I'm looking for maybe a 256mb oc'ed card now possibly.

Anybody know any good deals?

What a disappointment, i wouldn't recommend this card to anyone.
    ban1.gif
    Hmm yes, some tips:
    • Try not to use thos earlier mentioned GC types with the "partly shared memory" stuff
    • Try to get the GT versions of cards, not XT or something
    • Try to get a high number of the specified series, like 6800 instead of 6200 (or 7800 instead of 7300)... The first numbers matter a little, it's just a new and mostly improved serie, but the 6800GT (nVidea) is much more powerfull than the 7300 (nVidea)
    • Try to read, check out and understand some benchmark tests done by professionals
    • Never buy secondhand!

Hope this helps,

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

Would this card be better than the one i have?
    XFX GeForce 6800XT - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150157&ATT=14-150-157&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r
    It's around 122 dollars with shipping and all that stuff. Still better than what i paid for mine ($130+)
    I'll need to decide today though...

::EDIT::
    alright i've decided to go with that card.
    im buying it tomorrow :D
    ban1.gif
    hehe, that's my card, it's not a high-end card, but it's okay.

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

Well would it run good games at max. settings without lag?
    ban1.gif
    Depends on which games, but I'm afraid I should say no...

- xPureNLx
    signaru02am7.jpg

:( Alright well off to looking for a better one now...
    ban1.gif
  • lionsgatelionsgate Member NAT Warrior
    wow. that's nice. I use 6700 Ge-Force.. of nVidia. I think 7600 will be awesome